Condominiums have started to receive Welcome notices from the CAO.
These Welcome notices outline some important features of the CAO, many of which we have discussed in past blogs, including:
- Information and resources available through the CAO
- Dispute Resolution through the Tribunal starting November 1, 2017
- upcoming Online Mandatory Director Training (which will also be accessible to the public and owners at no charge)
- Information about the pending public registry of Condominiums
The CAO website now has some comprehensive information as well.
Condominium corporations are reminded to:
- Register the condominium with the CAO online, (once you have received a unique invitation code) which will require the following information:
– The type of condominium corporation being registered
– The service address for the condominium corporation
– The number of units and voting units
– The names, email addresses, and terms for condo directors (optional)
– The name, email address and firm (if applicable) for your condo manager (optional)
- Pay the condominium corporation’s assessment by December 31, 2017
More information is available here on the Registration page of the CAO website.
Stay tuned to Condo Law News for more blogs about amendments to the Condominium Act and upcoming events .