|T: (613) 231-8222
F: (613) 788-3677
Assistant: Julie Harper
Nancy is one of the founding partners of Davidson Houle Allen LLP.
Her practice includes general corporate advice to condominium corporations, financing and secured transactions, construction law, building deficiency litigation, and proceedings involving disputes between condominium corporations and residents.
Nancy has published articles in both the Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO) and CondoBusiness Magazine. She is also a frequent guest lecturer at Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) Seminars (local and National), the Annual Directors Course, the Kingston Area Condominium Association Seminars, and the Law Society of Upper Canada continuing legal education sessions. Nancy has also been a guest on various local radio and television shows including Ottawa Morning on CBC Radio and CBC Television.
Nancy enjoys connecting with people, and finding ways to make a genuine difference to the lives of individuals, groups, and communities. One of her key strengths is being able to run smooth and effective meetings, leading the way to a practical resolution. Part of this is due to her sense of humour and ability to lighten the mood, even when a tough message needs to be delivered.
Growing up in a military family, Nancy spent her formative years living overseas, and now loves travelling to different parts of the world. Her labour of love is her country getaway, her home near the Gatineau Hills. Consequently, Nancy and her family spend as much time as possible outdoors: skiing in winter, and golfing and swimming in the summer. Music is also a big part of her family life, and Nancy sings and plays piano.
- I just wanted to say thank you very much last night, I thought you did a great job. It was very enjoyable and just watching the people they seemed to enjoy themselves also and I think they got a lot of information out of it so thank you very much. -I.D.
- Nancy and Christy gave an excellent presentation and our team was very impressed with the training they received. It will be invaluable in assisting them with this complex piece of our condominium responsibilities. Thank you very much for putting this together for us. We sincerely appreciate it. -P.
- You are a STAR. Thank you for dealing so effectively with last night’s AGM. In spite of some “tense” moments you kept your professional (yet warm) attitude. We could not have sailed through it without you. -P.L.
- I stand back in awe of your ability and your efficiency and the manner in which you get things done…my congratulations on being one of the most organized individuals I have ever met, and one of the nicest too! -Client
- Please know how much our board appreciates your assistance and guidance. Quite frankly, we don’t know what we would do without you. -G.B.
- I have to say you are the best lawyer I have ever met during my eight year stay in Canada. Our legal system is not perfect, people like you make it work for the 99%. -J
- B.A (Honours) Psychology, Queen’s University (1997)
- LL.B., Queen’s University (2000)
- Call to the Ontario Bar (2002)
Professional Organizations & Activities
- Frontenac Law Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Condominium Institute
- Former editor of Condo Contact, the CCI Ottawa Chapter Newsletter
- President, CCI Eastern Ontario Chapter